Solar Water Pumping Solution is a fully automatic system designed to provide water at affordable cost for people with limited or no access to electricity. It uses the most advanced Solar variable speed drive to regulate the speed of a 3-phase AC motor depending upon the solar energy available from the solar panel.
How does it work ?
With the right configuration of solar panels will generate the power and voltage required for the solar drive to run the motor. The DC to AC frequency converter in the solar drive converts the DC voltage input to the drive to variable 3-phase AC voltage and frequency. The MPPT algorithm of solar drive extracts maximum power available from the solar panels during the day and operates the motor at variable speed based on the power input to the drive. The frequency range in which the drive operates depends upon the motor speed, hydraulic system and the power available from the solar panel.
The Solar drive is capable of detecting the water level in the overhead tank through liquid level control probe and can accordingly stop the pump when the tank is full. Similarly, it can detect low power output from solar panels during cloudy weather and can accordingly start-stop-restart the pump throughout the day. It can also detect and manage pump overload and underload conditions.
Solar Water pumping system is compatible with both 200V and 400V, 3-phase AC motors. The pump Can be either surface mount or submersible in the range 1 HP (0.75 kW) to 7.5 HP (5.5 kW). The use of solar drive ensures improved system reliability, simplified pipe systems and reduced system maintenance. Water Level Sensor is used only when the water is pumped to overhead tank.
- Irrigation of land
- Domestic water supply
- Water for Livestock
- Solar powered fountains
- Suitable for 1HP to 7.5HP surface mount and submersible pumps with 3-phase AC asynchronous motors.
- Automatic start-run-stop through out the day with water level detection in the tank.
- Corrosion resistant, IP55 enclosure for drive suitable for outdoor installation.
- Pump overload, dry run protection.
- Factory wired enclosure ensures reduced installation and commissioning time.
- Easy to transport.
- Lower operation expense compared to diesel pumps.
- Zero emission of green house gases.
- Reduced load on national grid.
- Pumping of water in for irrigation for drinking water supply in off grid areas.
- Farmer can cultivate multiple crops through out the year in off grid areas.
- Women can save their time spent in collecting and transporting water.